Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Course
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a course covering the knowledge needed to participate as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt on a process improvement project team or to lead a Green Belt process improvement project.
The blended learning environment will incorporate in-class and self-directed learning as well as project work.
Attendees will learn:
Students receive an introduction to the Lean Six Sigma Business Management methodology and the role of a Green Belt
project team member and Green Belt level project leader. This course works through a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project utilizing the DMAIC roadmap, concepts, and tools needed to participate in and lead Green Belt projects.
Topics learned during the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt include:
- DMAIC Process -Descriptive Stats
- Project Discussions -Control Charts
- Project Management and Implementation
- Project Definition and Charter
- Discrete and Continuous Probability Distributions
- What the Customer Wants (Voice of the Customer)
- Quality Function Deployment and Process Map
- Introduction to Hypotheses Testing & Confidence Intervals
- Introduction to DOE and ANOVA
Included in this class:
- Certification Exam (on last day of class)
- All class training materials, including the Indiana Quality Council book, widely considered the best body of knowledge for Six Sigma.
- Mentoring sessions within 6 months of the last day of class
Students must identify a real-world project for class. This project concept is what students will work on during the course to apply the concepts of Six Sigma. The span of control of the concept should be in your area of responsibility in which you have intimate knowledge.