Yellow Belt Course Description:
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course covers the knowledge needed to participate as an effective member of a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project team and participate as an effective associate within an Lean Six Sigma organization.
Instructors take students through a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project utilizing the DMAIC roadmap, concepts and tools needed to participate effectively in Six Sigma projects.
Attendees Will Learn:
- The Six Sigma Business Management methodology and the role of a Yellow Belt project team member
- To participate effectively in the Six Sigma process improvement team through the DMAIC methodology, tools, and concepts
- To assist with a Six Sigma pilot implementation and how to sustain improvements over time
- The basic LEAN principles
- Value stream and process mapping
- Team dynamics and team building
- The components of the Project Charter
- To identify the customer and the VOC (Voice of the Customer)
- CTQ (Critical to Quality) Analysis
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Data Collection Methods
- Basic Statistical and Root Cause Analysis
- Fishbone Diagramming
- The 5 Whys
- Brainstorming and Affinity Diagraming
- Solution Criteria and Selection
- Consensus Decision Making
- Roles and responsibilities within a Lean Six Sigma organization
In Class Exercise: Students will work as teams to identify a measurable performance issue and work through the DMAIC process to identify solutions and develop an implementation plan. Each team will report out on their project to the class.
Classroom Time: 14 Hours (14 PDU’s are awarded) Public classes are typically scheduled M-T but may be scheduled in the evenings and/or on Saturdays. In-house training is also available.
Who Should Attend:
- Professionals, managers, Lean or Six Sigma practitioners, process improvement leaders, project managers, supply chain leaders, quality engineers and supervisors should attend this Workshop.
- Anyone seeking to expand their job possibilities, job training, and professional development, or anyone seeking to improve their processes should attend this workshop.
- Dislocated Workers facing career changes, WIA, NEG, TAA and Veteran Funded students supported.