Stress At Work
Do you dread going to work everyday? Do your co-workers seem upset and unhappy at work? Do you run a workplace that is always beyond its means? Do you find yourself using the same excuses day after day,” we’re under-staffed,” “we’re experiencing more calls than usual,” “Several staff members called off.”
Please don’t think these issues will go away by themselves. Don’t think that Stress at work is normal. Your workplace doesn’t have to be stressful. If you are seeing the following issues you need to consider some course of action to make your workplace more stable and desirable:
- High Turnover Rates
- Lack of cooperation
- Co-workers/employees talking about not wanting to be there or lucky they are going home
- Comments about systems not working correctly
- Disagreement in how to handle issues
- Lack of morale
Lean Six Sigma can help you reduce stress at work. A process improvement system like Six Sigma or Lean is beneficial to any workplace (not just manufacturing facilities). We live in a time when reducing stress at work and increasing job satisfaction is possible AND necessary to keep people around. So what do you need to make impactful changes:
- Leadership Support – Change happens when leadership is on board. If your leaders are not in full cooperation, it’s not going to work.
- Knowledge – You need someone either within the company or from outside the company with Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma
- Teamwork – Everyone on the team can contribute to process improvement, even new employees can contribute
- Open Communication – Everyone should have an opportunity to share their thoughts and contribute to improvement plan
When you embrace change and improvement, you’ll be way ahead of many workplaces! Your employees will be surprised and happy that you are appreciating their thoughts and ideas! You will see the stress melt away, the profits go up, the customer satisfaction improve and the team working together successfully!
Here are a couple tips that will help your workplace to be less stressful and more productive:
- Listen to your entire team. Don’t leave anyone out, even new members or part-time members.
- Make every little change you can make to improve your environment. Don’t think that making little changes won’t be impactful. Even little improvements can make a big difference. You might not be able to change your location or your customers, but that shouldn’t stop you from making changes that will save seconds that will add up to minutes that will add up to hours!
You can get more information and learn more about LEAN and Six Sigma by calling Breakthrough Performance at 513-543-0816. We would love to help you make your workplace a much happier, less stressful and more productive place to be everyday.